Thursday, January 01, 2009

Homemade Yogurt

Tonight I am going to give this recipe a whirl. I am currently at the incubation stage which will last between 3-5 hours so I will have to update this on Friday at some point and let you know how it turns out.

I really have high hopes for this "experiment" as yogurt is a favorite food but the cost is a bit high. The health benefits (for me personally) of consuming yogurt far out weigh the cost, in my opinion. By making homemade the cost will be halved allowing me to eat the two servings I would prefer too eat daily.

As for the quark cheese it will be a revisiting of an old friend, alt ho I did not realize that until I was talking with my partner about my experiment(s). When I lived in Buffalo (about 12 yrs ago) I used to purchase organic yogurt in bulk and drain they whey. I never knew that their was a name to this item it was just something I learned to do as a substitute for cream cheese. I'm looking forward to doing this again.

On a side note: Al tho my partner and I have dis-similar taste in food, she is willing to taste my concoctions. She may not like all of them but at least she tries.

No comments: