Friday, January 02, 2009

Update: Homemade Yogurt

If you remember last night I made my first attempt at homemade yogurt. It has been a success, I highly recommend the recipe I followed.

Some points to consider based on my initial experience:

  • would like a thicker yogurt so will be adding 1/4c. more powdered milk
  • this is an "unsweetened" yogurt have been adding a bit of honey to each serving
  • do not need such a large container of yogurt as my starter,,,will have to make quark cheese out of extra,,,duh!!!
  • I used whole milk
  • my incubation time was about 3 1/2 hrs which made a nice mild flavor, may up that to 4 hours
  • would like to figure out how to make different flavors,,,going to try chocolate tonight buy adding some sugar and cocoa
Overall I am pleased. My goal is to make a batch of yogurt every week.

No comments: