Saturday, November 01, 2008

Weeds to Eat?

Originally mentioned in Articles of Interest--3 Hate Weeds? Don't Kill Them, Eat Them!

Thought this article was interesting and something I'd be willing to try. I do know that I have two possibly three edible plants growing in my yard (not including dandelions). I'm all for free food so next spring I'm going to do a bit of experimenting.

Originally the idea for eating "wild" edible plants piqued my interest in early July when I came across the following blog posts from Stop the Ride. These are but a few of STR's post dealing with wild foods:

You can also check out--WILD FOOD! LEARN ABOUT EDIBLE AND MEDICINAL WILD PLANTS AND MUSHROOMS, NATURE, AND ECOLOGY With America's Best-Known Forager "Wildman" Steve Brill.

Going to set a goal of researching this subject a bit more to prepare for the coming spring months. Will post what I find.

No comments: