Thursday, July 19, 2007

Clutter, What's That??

The Relationship Between Clutter and Debt. This I can definitely relate to. Our home is definitely cluttered BUT we have absolutely no storage space which is the biggest problem. My information hunt currently is to find a solution to our problem(s) clutter and no storage.

Two thoughts from from this post that struck a cord with me:

First there's the obvious: most clutter consists of items purchased. And that costs money. While some things come into our lives for free, many are things that at one time we wanted or thought we needed and so we purchased them. More purchases eventually equal more clutter.
and

By choosing to have less (de-cluttering) I tend to value it more. Letting go of things creates a feeling of contentment and satisfaction rather than a desire to have more.

Two print articles I also found concerning clutter:
  • Happiness How-To "Freedom from Clutter" (Women)First; July 9, 2007
  • Good Advice "Failure to Discard" by Amanda Robb, Good Housekeeping; July, 2007
Both of which I will be writing about shortly.

No comments: