Sunday, August 09, 2009

Job Search 1

This is one of two job possibilities I came across whilst searching CareerBuilders.com--"Work At Home, No Cold-Calling, FREE Leads, No Investment, Procard International." At first glance not bad, then the following:
  • Overland Park, KS
  • Base Pay: $35,000 - $55,000 /Year
  • Employee Type: Part-Time Employee
  • Advertising Sales - Marketing
  • Job Type: Business Development Marketing Sales
  • Description: We need your help! Our company is growing steadily and we have thousands...
  • Our positions have the following benefits...
They then go on to list whom the job would be perfect for and this, "Our jobs are designed for people who want to work from home, work at home, want a home based business, or like telecommuting." That's the hook I was looking for as I would love to work form home and not have to worry about commuting. It would also give me time to pursue other endeavours. So I decided to do a bit more digging to see if this was a legitimate company/business.

A simple Google search answered my question. Yes, it is a legitimate company with a for real product BUT I did find some red-flags. From RipoffReport.com "Procard International Liars, scam artists, ripoffs, false, misleading, screws it's members, don't be fooled by these lying SCAMMERS! Overland Park Kansas--*Consumer Suggestion ..Pro Card International is not my choice!"

It seems the positives and negatives of this company was split about 50-50. Both concerning ProCard as an income generator as well as a product. So I now have a dilemma, do I pursue this any further? To my untrained eye, this appears to be an MLM so I may have to do some more digging on this one. For the time being I am going to say no to this "opportunity". Maybe once I am better established and have a better social network in place this could be an opportunity to revisit.

******
Currently CareerBuilders is my primary job search engine, I'm not affiliated with them other than being a registered user with a posted resume and job alerts being sent via e-mail. I am hoping to add other engines in the near future but it's not a major priority right now; I am assuming that the job search results will be about the same.

Also of note: altho I mentioned the use of ripoffreport.com please be advised that this was just a starting point. I do not endorse the comments posted as the gospel truth. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I do understand that. I do use ripoffreport.com quite frequently but usually to see if there are any red-flags to watch for. Regretfully when I reformatted my desk-top computer I lost many of my other resources to use in researching this site is just one of many.

No comments: