Sunday, November 09, 2008

Well it's supposed to be a recipe : /

I found another recipe floating around my computer, only problem is it does not look complete. Not sure what I was thinking when I saved this but I'm going to add it to my blog just for curiosity sake and in case I find the article it came from.

As I type this in I'm thinking that this was an easy way to use leftovers, or a quickie recipe. I like to play in my kitchen, cooking being one of my passions, so sometimes I write down recipes or ingredient lists that look good and then experiment. This recipe is for a hamburger skillet meal.

Ingredients I have listed:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 3 c. macaroni--I'm going to assume that this is cooked pasta, any type I think would work
  • 2 TBSP flour
  • salt
  • pepper
  • thyme--going to say 1/4 tsp to start
  • 1/2 c. water
I know it's not much to go on but we all have made skillet meals before so this should assemble like all the rest.

I'm always looking for meals such as this, a few ingredients, 1 pan, good food. I'm a big fan of Hamburger Helper, but in trying to save money I am looking for lower cost options.

***Just a personal note: I spent 23 years in the food service industry in various capacities. Having been interested in cooking since I was a child it not unusual for me to just write down ingredients or seasoning combinations to experiment with. Al tho my range of experience runs the gamut I like food that is simple and easy to prepare; it also has to freeze and reheat well.

No comments: