Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yea!! The Injections Are Working

Well with some luck, today was my last visit to the foot doc. The injections I received two weeks ago have improved my foot/ankle to the point that no immobilization will be necessary. On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the worst) I have gone from a 50 four weeks ago to a 10 down to a 6. For the first time in a year I am able to walk normally. I still have some discomfort but it is bearable, also the doc feels that with a stabilization brace and the molded orthotics that will also improve.

Now all that is left is having the orthotics made. Doc has referred a company that will come directly to my house so I will not have to worry about missing work and arranging travel (I don't drive). My only concern is how much I will have to pay. So far I have been able to pay as I go without having to accummulate a balance and add to my debt.

No comments: