Monday, May 21, 2007

Been Learning Something New

Last year I received a $50 gift card for Walden Books. The store in our area is not very well stocked of books I prefer to read. So it was decision time on what to buy.

At the time I was working 2 jobs and did not have time to prepare home cooked food for my partner and I. I had a slower cooker but in the 5 years of owning it I had never used it. I had heard they are fairly easy to use but I had no clue as to how,,,so on a whim I purchased this book:

It was the best purchase I made. I highly suggest this book especially if you are a beginner with a slow cooker. And yes I do know all the negatives surrounding slow cooker meals (ie. use of canned/processed food, bland flavor, etc) but I have been able to improvise to make nice tasting food. The only problem I have discovered is that it's really really hard to sleep smelling good food cooking .

No comments: