I'm not doing well with tracking my daily spending, but having only a savings account without a debit card has helped immensely. In order to get money I have to physically go to the bank and make a withdrawal. The benefit of this, no NSF fees, better documentation of what funds are available in my handy-dandy register, thinking about why I want to withdrawal money, and actually seeing a positive balance in my account. I would like to try and track daily spending but am finding it a bit "difficult". My days are very hectic with 2 jobs and the daily tasks in running our household. I will re-evaluate as the month progresses and see how close I stay on budget.
At the beginning of the month I had the following balances in various monetary accounts:
- 401k--$250 (approximately)
- Paycheck--$171 (earmarked for meat order received in December & January not included in this months budget)
- Sharebuilders Commission--$12
- Rent (current)--$100
- Meat Order--$133
- Phone & DSL--$103 (will receive $50 rebate--$46 normal bill)
- Satellite TV--$73
- Dial-up Internet--$22 (temporary till I upgrade my puter)
- Loan--$95--Paid in Full
For the remainder of the month I have the following:
Overall not too shabby--all bills will be paid!!