Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update--Well it's supposed to be a recipe : /

I been playing in the kitchen again and I think I figured out some ways to use this "recipe" with good results.

I only had this ingredient list to start with--1 lb ground beef--3 c. macaroni--2 TBSP flour--salt--pepper--thyme--1/2 c. water. This is what I created:

  • 1-2 TBSP Olive Oil
  • 1 c. Pre-cooked Ground Beef
  • 1-1 1/2 c. Cooked Rice or 1 pack of Ramen noodles cooked and drained (always save your seasoning packs for later use, they come in handy)
  • 1-2 TBSP Onion Soup Mix*** or Beef Bouillon granules or 2 packs seasoning packs from Ramen noodle PLUS 1-2 TBSP Onion Flakes
  • Oregano/Salt/Pepper to taste
Heat oil. Add ground beef and rice. Heat through stirring occasionally. Sprinkle onion soup mix over top stir to mix thoroughly. Add oregano/salt/pepper to taste. Continue heating till hot, enjoy!!

OPTIONAL additions:

  • 1/2 can corn or
  • 1/2 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 c. shredded cheese
This concoction came out really good. Almost like dirty rice.

*** I make my own onion soup mix in bulk will include the recipe in a later post.

No comments: