Thursday, March 29, 2007

Update to Grocery Shopping is so Much Fun

Previously I showed how we are trying to really watch what we spend on grocerys. I have to say that so far so good. By really thinking about what to make for our meals and taking into consideration leftovers etc. I have been able to to maintain what I feel is a fairly descent grocery budget.

I still have some tweaking to do as far as snacks and not cutting it so close to running out before we can get to the store again. With working 2 jobs and now the prospect of my partner returning to work full-time for the next 2 months, I need to maybe plan 1-2 extra meals just in case. I am trying to also stock up again on some foods but with limited freezer space it is difficult to do.

Overall I am pleased with my efforts. For the past month I have been able to keep our grocery bill to about $120 or about $40/wk. I don't think that is too bad considering. There is some room for improvement but that will hopefully come with time.

No comments: